Lookin' Good at 58

Monday, June 5, 2017

Cocktail from the Past

Last night I was working and this guest ask me for a Stinger on the rocks.

Now back in the day 30 years ago this was a very popular cocktail so when I went to find the cocktail on our POS system I could not find it anywhere to order it.

So I went to the manager to ask how he wanted me to punch it in so the bar would get credit of course for the alcohol used. It happened to be I was the only one who knew what ingredients went into the drink.

I guess if I didn't get that table that guest would have been out of luck because I don't think any of the young waiters would have known either. Good thing to have an old guy on the floor who knows a few of the oldies.

By the way the ingredients are 2 parts Brandy and 1 part White Creme de Menthe usually served over ice with a twist of lemon.

Now I am waiting to get a Rusty Nail request next week!


No comments: