Lookin' Good at 58

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Something That Drives Me Crazy

One thing I don't get about people is their total lack of patience.

The thing that gets me the most is when you are clearing the table of their main course and they ask if we have a dessert menu.

I always reply back yes we do but I first want to clear your table before I give you a dessert menu.

You know one time I am just going to come out and say it. No we do not have a dessert menu and see what they say. Tell them that unlike many restaurants we only serve a meal up to the main course and if you want a dessert well you came to the wrong restaurant.

Diners please let us clear your table first and you will get your dessert menu I promise.

Another thing that happened just last night actually was I had this table of two and I said I would be right back with water. The lady mentioned she wanted some water to which I replied again I will be right back with the water. Her husband then mentioned that he would like some water as well.

What did he think I was going to do bring water just to his wife and not him? Why would he think I was only going to bring her water after I mentioned I will be right back with water? I felt like saying don't worry I will not forget you..

Anyway I will be back with a more interesting topic tomorrow. It is just these two things stood out for me last night during service.


No comments: