Lookin' Good at 58

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

A New Beginning

After a pretty bad January with all my health issues today marks a beginning of a new year for me. I turn 58 today. Pretty amazing when I think about it.

This year I am looking to get my health issue fixed up and begin thinking about the next few years.

I feel that I need to make a change. For the first time in a while I cannot see myself doing this waiter thing for much longer. There is no real challenge for me anymore. I have been doing this for so long now and now I am starting to think is this it? Is this how I am going to finish my working days as a waiter.

Maybe I should start thinking long term rather than short term. Long term for me is 7-9 years.

Last year we sold the house. We downsized our expenses and improved our living standards. My traveling days are over unless it is somewhere warm or visiting friends and family.

I would like to make a trip to Europe within the next couple of years. I would like a job where I am using my head rather than a physical job such as waiting on tables. It might mean a departure from the hospitality industry.

I often say to my kids find a profession where you use your head and not your body. Your body doesn't last forever like it was during your youth but your mind can  keep getting better.

So we will see what happens. Whatever changes occur I am looking forward to it.


2 comments:

Joe Sixtop said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy many more of them in good health and prosperity.
Just between you and me; it's something I like to keep on the DL, it's my b'day as well.

Steven Nicolle said...

Thanks Joe Sixtop!