Lookin' Good at 58

Monday, February 13, 2017

A Compliment That I Got Was a Strange One

As some of you know I had some health issues during January. So I was happy just to be back at work. Well on Saturday I was working and serving this couple celebrating their 40th anniversary.

I think I heard him say he was 64 years old and I just had my birthday and turned 58. I work with a lot of younger people more than half my age. I look my age or maybe a couple of years younger.

He asks me if I go to university here in Guelph ( a university town ). I said to him well thanks for the compliment. Then he continues on saying it seems like every time he comes here to eat he is being served by a university student and wondered if I was going as well.

I thought he was joking at first but he was dead serious. I couldn't believe it!

I wonder what he would think if I dyed my hair black?

No comments: