Lookin' Good at 58

Friday, January 27, 2017

Thrush

So here it is January 27th. The month is nearly over and since the beginning of the month I have not been well.

With the doctor's pre-occupation about my blood work they all ignored what was going wrong with my tongue. Finally on Monday when my tongue was coated white I bought a tongue scraper to try to get my tongue all clean again. Well I started to scrape and it hurt a lot. These scrapers are not soft.

Then I am talking to my brother and he says you probably have Thrush. I google it and what it is is a yeast infection. It usually happens to kids and the elderly. People who have an allergic reaction to an antibiotic or have a low immune system are susceptible to getting it.

So I had to get this swill and swallow mouthwash and take it for 7 days 4 times a day.

The good news is it is working. The bad news is with yeast infections you cannot eat all the foods I love. Bread, baked goods, foods with sugars in them, dairy products and alcohol. Maybe all that explains why I have lost so much weight. I haven't been this thin since high school.

So by the time I get better on Monday is the bone marrow biopsy.

What a January! I took the leave of absence from work so I can get better. It is just a matter of time.


No comments: