Lookin' Good at 58

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Job Hunting is like Shopping in a Mall

Probably the number one thing I would suggest to anyone before they go searching for work is for them to decide where they want to work.

The beautiful thing about this is the internet. Google the area you want to work and then find out the places that you want to work. Back in the day when I was traveling around back in the 80's and 90's there was no internet. I had to get newspapers and go to travel agencies to find out the addresses of where to apply. It was an ad or an address. Go to the library and do some research on the area.

Today you can search and research through pages on a web site. In most instances you can apply for work right on the company web site. You can decide before you do whether you want to work there. You may change your mind and check something else out. It is like shopping in a mall. You pick and choose. Go see one store and check out another.

Man if I had the internet back in the 80's and 90's who knows where I would have ended up. Although I didn't do too bad!
Maitre'd on a Luxury Cruise Ship!

No comments: