Lookin' Good at 58

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Exclusive Clubs

As I think about the next few years what kind of places I would like to work I keep thinking back to some of the private clubs I used to work at. One of which was the University Club of Montreal where I was Bar Manager. 

The hours were Monday to Friday 10:30 - 6:00 with weekends off, closed holidays, and 3 weeks vacation. It wasn't thousands of dollars a week but right now as I get a bit older this kind of shift would appeal to me. Or working some evenings mixed with days. 

Private club members are great to serve. It is a fine dining atmosphere where they can talk business and all you are there for is to serve. They get the best because everything they purchase goes back into the club. 

You get to know very quickly what they want. It is not your a la carte restaurant where you are serving the masses. I remember serving these food and wine dinners way back in the 80's before wine was the in thing.

I'd like to get back to that. Anyone heard of a drink called Pink Gin? That was a drink I served way back then.

No comments: