Lookin' Good at 58

Friday, January 1, 2016

What's in Store for 2016?

I hope everyone had a good New Year's Eve and Day. I was working it of course. After so many years working New Year's Eve with the exception of a couple I am sort of lost if I stay at home and watch the ball drop on television from Times Square.

Last year you may remember I was in Iceland having a blast throughout Christmas and New Year. Who can forget those fireworks on New Year's Eve! I have a couple of goals for this year. One is to keep promoting the book and hope perhaps a publisher will pick it up. I am waiting on word from one such publisher. Another goal is to be a person that possesses some knowledge of the hospitality industry and to be able to share that with others. Whether it be through this blog, at work, or through some other media outlet. I got great enjoyment from doing the radio show. What I learned a lot from the people I had the chance to interview is success is not just handed out. Everyone has to go out and earn it. If you are a chef, waiter, manager or any other field nothing comes easily. We have to pay our dues. I will continue to pay mine this year and keep an eye out for opportunity. Sometimes you never know when that door will open. Good luck to all in 2016 and as Zig Ziglar once said, "See You at the Top!"

No comments: