Lookin' Good at 58

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Two Best Times I Like to Talk to a Guest

I don't know about you but I don't like too much chatting with my tables while I am trying to do service. The two best times for me to talk is when I greet them and give them the features and get a drink order. I may compliment the guests on how they look or mention something about the weather. That is it.

The second time I take a few minutes is when someone is paying the bill on the remote terminal then I will mention something like how the time flies we are already in mid-January sort of thing to someone else at the table. This usually results in a common thread between the guest and an exchange like have a great day or if it was a birthday happy birthday once again. Thanks for coming this evening and see you soon.

I like to keep it short. Exchange pleasantries and move along to other tables that need attention.

1 comment: