Lookin' Good at 58

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Getting Ready for Christmas

The last two days I worked 27 hours at the restaurant. You may think that is a lot but for 2 weeks nearing Christmas 13 hour days are the norm.

Where I work we set up the rooms for functions and weddings. We do the a la carte where you bus, host, serve, open wine, bar tend, make espressos and cappuccino, and then after everyone start shining the cutlery and restock the fridge for beer and wine etc..

The thing is most of the time there are at the most 3 of us who work the day and night during the week. So one guy (me) usually takes care of the guests and the others set up rooms that are for weddings etc..

I like it though. The only thing is I wish I had the body I had when I was 20 to carry out the work.

Today, Sunday there are two functions going on and I am off.

I don't mind...


No comments: