Lookin' Good at 58

Friday, June 6, 2014

The Past 14 Months

I just finished 3 days off in a row. Especially last night I slept right through. I was in bed by 10 and 10:30 the night before. I am starting to wonder why I am so tired.

Well if I look back at the past 14 months perhaps that will explain it.

April 2013 - My wife loses her job due to restaurant closure.
June 2013 - Go to Iceland for 2 week's holiday.
July 2013 - Adam my oldest son has emergency surgery for ruptured appendix that was discovered wrapped in small intestine causing hole to form in intestine. Was in Sick Kids for a month then it wasn't till November 1st where he finally got the all clear. Hole in stomach size of a quarter healed up.
Fall 2013 - Mother starts losing her memory quickly. Cannot live on her own anymore. Cannot use simple household appliances. Floods downstairs apt. leaving sink tap running while she goes to sleep.
January 2014 - Brother is diagnosed with colon cancer. Presently going through chemo.
February 2014 -  Mom is admitted in Long term care facility. The good news she loves it there.
March 2014 - My wife undergoes hysterectomy. Out of work for 6 weeks.

Meanwhile I am working on my soon to be released book.

Now it is June and I think with the warm weather there will be better days ahead.

It has been a busy time.

No comments: