Lookin' Good at 58

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

No Caramel!

Sometimes you get lucky. You make a mistake but before it goes out you catch it just in time.

This guest ordered a dessert that has a caramel topping squirted over it at the end. The person ordered it but without this caramel topping on top.

I enter the order without the modifier no caramel to go along with it. It is a busy night so the dessert is going to take up to 10 minutes. I walk in and out of the kitchen checking to see if the dessert is ready but there was no sign of it yet.

Then I walk in and this is about 10 minutes after I placed the order and I see the guy with the dessert and the caramel bottle in his hand ready to squirt it all over the dessert.

I yell "No Caramel!" and the guy stops from squeezing the bottle. He actually shook it a couple of times to get ready to squirt it.

He turns around and I tell him I forgot to enter no caramel when I punched the order in.

Sometimes it is good to be lucky.

No comments: