Lookin' Good at 58

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I Have Conflicting Thoughts When I Work

I don't know about other people out there but when I work I usually end up with very conflicting thoughts trying to control my state of mind constantly.

You see I like when I work which is really good to feel but on the other hand while I am working I wish I could just stop working and leave the building.

I guess that is why I am always in a hurry. One I am in a hurry to give good service but at the same time I am in a hurry to get the people out of the building.......

I have suffered this for as long as I can remember.

Sigh.....

3 comments:

Chris Boukouris said...

Put it into perspective and slow things down.

You're in the service industry, so you likely enjoy working the bulk of your hours in the evening with your daytime hour free for the most part.

Think about it like this:

I spend the whole day waiting to start my shift in the evening. When I'm at work I can't wait for my shift to be over. Kind of gives a whole new meaning to the term "waiter."

Enjoy where you are and make the most of it.

www.thegtafoodie.blogspot.ca

Chris Boukouris said...

You spend the whole day waiting to start your evening shift. During your shift you can't wait for it to be over. Kind of gives a whole new meaning to the term "waiter".

Slow it down and keep things in perspective. Don't wait your life away! Make the most of where ever you are. Work or play.

Steven Nicolle said...

Chris...those are great comments and glad you saw the humorous side to this post. I made this up. By the way I don't care what kind of waiter you are and how much you love your job but there is a point during any shift when a waiter has had enough. Any waiter who denies that is full of hooey. Seriously after 8-9 shift on my feet my knees ache, hands hurt etc...For those in their 20's they may disagree with what I am saying. Wait till you are older Chris..