Lookin' Good at 58

Monday, April 16, 2012

Gratitude

Here is something that I think works for me and it can too for any waiter out there. No matter what always show gratitude to the guest.

They could have ate somewhere else.

That is not to say they could have tipped more but maybe they don't usually leave a tip.

One thing I believe in is if you set up good karma no matter what happens by the end of the night you will come out ahead. Be focused on the end result and that is when you count your cash at the end of the night. Not before.

Just keep your wits about you and serve serve serve...

6 comments:

Flippingtables said...

Steve, I agree completely. In this line of work you never know when a first time customer might return. They may not be a great tipper their first time around, but might become regulars at your local spot and tip better once or more times a week. I've noticed that in return customers. They tip better once it becomes a more personal relationship with my particular restaurant. keep it up. i haven't posted for almost a year! time to get back into it on my end! cheers

Steven Nicolle said...

Flippingtables...you just never know. That person can tell someone else etc...Then word gets around etc.. They see you more often. Good things happen. Thanks for the comment.

Caveman said...

I wish my cocktail servers had your attitude.

Steven Nicolle said...

Caveman...I figure if we just give higher than average service it works out in the end. Thank you for your compliment.

J.R. Locke said...

That's a great attitude for a server to have, probably a great philosophy for life in general, you've always got to be good to your Gods.
http://complaintothemanager.blogspot.com/

Steven Nicolle said...

J.R. Locke.....for sure. There is very little you can do to change anything anyway so take everything in stride and just be thankful someone came out to eat.