Lookin' Good at 58

Thursday, January 5, 2012

This Really Bugs Me

When people ask me if I can do a favour for them. Last night someone asked me that while my dinners were just getting ready to be taken out to the table. I wanted to deliver them and someone asks me that question.

The person wanted me to water their table. By the time that person asked me that and I had to think about it she could have done it herself.

Anyway the host did it who overheard her request. I ran my food. It takes less than 30 seconds to water your table.

I never ask anyone to water my table. In fact I rarely ask for help at all. And to add to that if you want me to watch your table while you go out for a smoke ask another smoker. That way it is a fair tradeoff.

This person had the nerve to get all pissy with me afterwards for not running out there and watering her table.

Too bad.........

4 comments:

Mike said...

Hell yeah that bothers the crap outta me. My girlfriend told me LAST NIGHT that the expression I use the most is "I don't like to be bothered." And it's true, I give it back the same way too, like to do it myself so people don't expect anything back. Water your own damn table!!

Steven Nicolle said...

Mike....yeah like to water a table. Really..it takes less than 20 seconds to do and is not the biggest priority.

message all said...

Hey, did you hear about the CEO who allegedly broke a waiter's finger for mistakenly bringing the bill to a table last Saturday night?
http://www.messageall.ca/wordpress/?p=5401

Steven Nicolle said...

Message all...No I didn't. Have to check it out.