Lookin' Good at 58

Monday, November 28, 2011

I Find I Need Less Sleep

When I am working I usually hit the hay close to 1 AM and wake up about 7 especially on the school days when the kids are getting ready for school.

On the Friday and Saturday nights my work hours end later and it being busier I find it harder to get to sleep earlier than 2. But then I wake up about 8.

To top it all off I never sleep straight through.

Usually on my work days I try to take a nap but lately I haven't even been able to nap. I just lay down and maybe sleep about 15 minutes.

Last night I was off and so with everyone going to bed early around 10ish I decide, especially in need of fighting this cold, do the same.

So what happens I can't get to sleep. With this cold I am coughing too throughout the night which doesn't help.

Here is what I need to get some input on. Do we need less sleep as we get older?

2 comments:

SkippyMom said...

I know my in laws and my older friends are always up before or at the crack of dawn - makes it nice for me because when I can't sleep I can get them online or one the phone.

My husband - who is closer to you age - would sleep all the time, given the option, but he works full time and does all of our household chores [since I can't] so I understand how tired he gets.

I think, in your case, it may be the cold that is keeping you awake - b/c I would imagine you would be tired after all that hard work. Have you tried Nyquil or something for a cough suppressant so you can sleep - Good luck feeling better soon!

Steven Nicolle said...

SkippyMom...it is the cold for sure and it might just be the time of year as well. Lots to think about.