Lookin' Good at 58

Friday, November 25, 2011

80 Is the New 65

Recently on the news there was a report out that many people will have to work till their 80 before they can retire. Hence 80 being the new 65.

Actually that wouldn't be a bad thing cause if I can still do at 80 what I can do now that would mean I'd be in pretty good shape.

On the downside though, aside from being an attraction at the restaurant I'd be working at, I'd still be working at 80.

Hey you can't have it both ways...........

I will take being in good shape and able to work.

2 comments:

SkippyMom said...

I didn't know this. Scary. My parents and in laws retired in their mid 50's [early 1990s] but it was after years of work & savings/frugality with good investments.

The hard work still exists for many people but it just seems like people want too much too soon and go into great debt to obtain it - and if you can find a good investment chances are the company you invest with will steal your money anyway [or the stock market will crash]. I just don't know, but we are trying our darndest to make sure Pooldad isn't working into his late 60s early 70s.

Good luck Steven - but you are right - to have that kind of health to be able to do what you do at 80, that is would be sweet.

Steven Nicolle said...

SkippyMom...trying to save gets harder and harder. Inflation takes a big bite. We just do the best we can and hope for good health.