Lookin' Good at 58

Monday, October 17, 2011

Taking the Order

If I have a table that has ordered drinks and it will be a couple of minutes before I can get them from the bartender if they are ready to order some food I will take the order beforehand.

Every second counts when you are busy. I will usually ask if while I am waiting for the drinks to be made can I get you started if you are ready and take your food order. Especially if they were on a wait.

I was a bit rushed the other day and noticed my table was ready to go. I took the food order while I waited on the drinks.

Just make sure though they still get their drinks before the food comes out.

4 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Yes. The last sentence is a definite MUST. heehee

Ellizabeth said...

Makes perfect sense.

Steven Nicolle said...

SkippyMom...for sure.

Steven Nicolle said...

Elizabeth...I think it does although I see servers waiting for that drink while there are other things that need done they could be doing in the meantime.