Lookin' Good at 58

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Voice Audition Wednesday

Okay so I made the call and I have a voice audition on Wednesday. They are looking for some voice talent so I am going in to read some scripts and see how I sound. If I sound good enough I may be the voice you hear in the Rabba stores here in the Greater Toronto area.

The pay is not much but the exposure can land me a more lucrative gig later on like a commercial spot.

What I like about this is there is no investment other than a 45 minute drive to the office where all the recording is done and back home again. It doesn't interfere with anything else going on like picking the kids up from school or my paying job in the evening. So nothing ventured nothing gained.

I have also got my idea for a book on bartending with a different slant to it. I have the introduction and first chapter done. The goal is to do a chapter a day and complete the book in a few months. Let's say Spring.

It is going to be a unique take on Bartending. Something I like to think is original.

Other news today included a call from someone in New York. When all was said and done I became a member of the ContinentalWhosWho. Later on it will come in handy when it comes time to market the book. That is about all I can tell you on that front.

Things are happening... I have a feeling the next couple of years are going to be huge.

2 comments:

SkippyMom said...

BRAVO! We will be rooting you on from here Steven! Way to go!

Can't wait to hear all the good news.

Steven Nicolle said...

SkippyMom...onward and upward to a big time best seller advertised in Times Square NYC!