Lookin' Good at 58

Sunday, September 18, 2011

An Unexpected Offer

So I am serving this table on Friday night. Halfway through the meal he ask me if this is all I do is wait on tables. I reply back that I also teach bartending but yes this is my main gig waiting on tables.

He then says that I have a good radio voice. My thoughts right away turn to freakin' stardom. But getting back down to earth he owns a company that does announcing for special events , sales etc.. So he then asks if I would be willing to do a voice audition.

Sure so I got his number and am going to call on Monday. Just part time it could be good to bring in some more cash to the household.

4 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Awesome Steve!

Steve was on radio for a few years and a DJ for many more as side work to supplement our income - it is fun and he always enjoyed it.

You'll do great!

Steven Nicolle said...

SkippyMom...wow I didn't know that. I will check into it. Your Steve is quite the guy!

Scotty said...

If you really have a good announcing voice, consider going to audible.com. They are always looking for new book readers (fiction AND non-fiction). I hear you can make some decent wages this way. There is a link somewhere on the page about how to send in audio audtions.

(Love your blog, by the way)

Steven Nicolle said...

Scotty...welcome and thanks for that. I will check into that as well. My next post will be the follow up call I make this morning.All this is really something I haven't thought about.