Lookin' Good at 58

Thursday, September 8, 2011

I Need Your Help Or Anybody Out There Who Likes Making Cocktails?

I want to write something that would interest people about something I have done or know about. I have narrowed it down to a few possibilities.
One would be an instructional bartending book with recipes and an attached video. Or just the video alone. I know someone who would help me with the video. This could be quite interesting as initially we could do about 50 DVDs which would cost about $8 and sell them for around $20.
See how that would turn out as a test run.
The title could be "Twenty Popular Yet Easy to Make Cocktails for Entertaining" or something like that.
This could fly as I teach the course locally here anyway. I could easily sell 50 to local restaurant owners or adults who just want to learn how to mix some cocktails.
Another book could be informative as finding the right job in the hospitality industry.
The other idea would be to take a certain experience that I had and talk about that.
I am leaning toward the first idea but I am thinking as well maybe it has been way overused. However if I was to speak to groups for free I could sell the DVD.
Any comment would be helpful. Or from your own personal experience I would love to hear about.

6 comments:

Aunty Pol said...

I love the coctail idea...I can't tell you how many times the hubby and I have been out with friends and after getting a recommendation from the bartender, can't recreate it or remember the components...like a Pineapple Margarita.

I'd buy it , really and truly.

Waving from Ho0uston

Steven Nicolle said...

Aunty Pol....I think you and a lot of other people have the same thing happen. The thing is too is you can have a video just on Margaritas for instance. Then another on flavoured martinis etc..
Thank you for your comment.

Joe Sixtop said...

I think the cocktail book/DVD plan is the best,altho' I like job search one too, but if ya go with that, it might not do as well with the huge (10+ times larger than Canada's) U.S. market, where the job search thing mite be different enough from what you deal with to make it not too useful, but as long as cocktail guide's in English (with web subtitles?) you will sell a lot. Good luck!

Steven Nicolle said...

Joe Sixtop....I am with you on the cocktail one. I think by what I am hearing it would be the best decision.

David said...

I actually have a fairly developed concept that I have been trying to talk a bartender friend into writing to no avail. I also happen to have a vanity publishing house established and a little experience writing, publishing, and marketing books. This might be very mutually beneficial. Keep an eye on your email tomorrow afternoon.

Steven Nicolle said...

David...just got your email. Thanks David.