Lookin' Good at 58

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Finding Something To Do in the Fall

The summer holidays are flying by and the kids are soon going to be back to school. Now unlike other years my wife works lunches now so with the kids all day in school I am left on my own during the day.

As it is I kinda go stir crazy when I do have some free time so I am looking at doing something productive during the day.

I came up with this idea of putting some of these pages on this blog into print. So I did this blog2print book of just a few posts that I have done in the past 3 years. It has mostly to do from my own personal experiences.

It should be coming in the mail shortly and what I am going to do with it is give it to a few people that have never read the blog and get their opinion of whether they find the selected posts interesting.

To be honest I want the harshest critic to read it and tell me the truth. My belief is no one will read it and find what I have written totally boring.

Another silly thing I did was apply to be a daytime tv host on this program. I applied but they called me back for an audition Monday afternoon. I just wanted to do it to check myself out and see whether I have what it takes to be on television. I know that sounds freakin' crazy but at the most I expect little to come of it but it should be a blast experiencing an audition.

Seriously if I could all of a sudden change my vocation from waiter to something else it would be doing the evening news. I am a bit of a news junkie anyway. Ask me at any time what is going on in the world I could tell you. Euro debt crisis , election results in Chechyna , stock markets plummeting , you name it.

I like where I am now but I gotta keep something going on or I will just wait on tables till I am 65 years old. Not that would be a bad thing. Only how many waiters do you see who need the income at that age working as waiters?

Who knows maybe if I don't plant a seed now the only thing left for me when the time comes will be a Wal Mart greeter.

Not that there is anything wrong with that..........


2 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Your stories are fabulous, especially when travelling/working and meeting your lovely wife. I bet you get good feedback! And if you decide to sell it please put me down for a copy. :)

Good luck with the TV job. How exciting is that?

Steven Nicolle said...

SkippyMom...You are a great boost. This tv audition may be too far away from where I live to pursue it but the book I can do that at home. Thanks again as always!