Lookin' Good at 58

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sexual Harassment Expiry Date

A co-worker showed me something tonight that we had a chuckle about. On the bulletin board for the restaurant there was a letter stating what the rules were concerning sexual harassment.

Fine , but it was revised September 1st , 2010 and expires August 31st , 2011.

So we laughed. Does that mean on September 1st unless a new notice goes up everyone can harass everyone else? Since when does sexual harassment change from year to year???

I mean how stupid is that?? This place is too much really! I am glad I am outta there tomorrow. No more freakin' rollups , sweeping and mopping the floor till 11:30.

On my resume if I ever put this place down as having worked there I can always apply for a janitor job!

If I had worked in the restaurant I am in now I would have left after the first week! The other day I made $86 in tips then filled my tank up and it cost me $82. The maple syrup I bought for a treat to go with my wife's waffles in the morning put me over.

Okay I am griping but this place was too much. Stressful yes and happy to be leaving.

2 comments:

Sous Gal said...

I'm happy for you, too that you're leaving there, and that you kept your other job as a back up :) Of course you would..this isn't your first rodeo :)

I think one of my new favourite posts of yours is the "don't say a word or we'll have to stay" LOL it's so true!

Steven Nicolle said...

Sous Gal....thanks a bunch for looking at the blog. Tonight it ended for me. Shook everyone's hand and said thanks and was on my way.