Lookin' Good at 58

Friday, June 10, 2011

The Hours are Brutal Non-Stop

I know people out there work 8 hours but from the moment I jump in my car and drive to work at 1:10 and get home 12 hours later it is non-stop. No breaks during work , big cleanup at the end , get 5 hours sleep and back up to do it again.

This isn't living. This is stupidity.

This is where and have always drawn the line. Yes I have worked lunches and dinners before but not like this. Non-stop everyday. No split no sit down and eat, nothing.
Even on the ship where I worked a lot of hours they made you sit down and eat something. But no not here.

The other night I did 61 tables and served over 140 people.

The end is in sight. They will know soon enough.

4 comments:

SkippyMom said...

I cannot imagine how they get away with that. Doesn't Canada have laws requiring mandatory breaks, or lunch, after a certain amount of hours. We do in the US

Seems like they are understaffing. On purpose.

English tips (blog) said...

I see how hard you have been worked, how stressful sometimes looks like, actually we work in different occupation but we have something in common, about tourism, sometimes I start to work at 7 a:m and finish my job at 7 p:m, really hard, but I love my job, and I am sure you love yours. Many thanks for sharing with us, have a blessed weekend, you may enjoy it the Sunday off with your family. As well as I desire the same for your blessed readers, see you around. Carlos from Brazil

Steven Nicolle said...

SkippyMom...the restaurant business is often taken advantage of. If you eat they know you lose money.

Steven Nicolle said...

English Tips...thank you Carlos. I know you work hard as well. You are doing a good job.