Lookin' Good at 58

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Pleasant Surprise

I went to my place of work today only to find out that the other restaurant ( the one I like ) needed me to replace someone that was sick.

Now this is a good thing. Had a great night and next week I am replacing someone who is going on holiday in the same restaurant. I am ecstatic as because of it somehow they gave me the weekend off.

Even better we were holding my son's birthday party on the Saturday early so I could head to work afterwards. Now I can enjoy the whole day.

I count myself very lucky that I am being called to work at this restaurant. I mean they could choose someone else I guess. The people are great , kitchen awesome , and managers too.

They liked me there and I am making sure I work my tail off. The supervisor when he found out that I was working there next week when I left said that is great.

Wow that is nice to hear. Who knows the way things are going with more people due to take holidays the six months I may get called back often. That would be a bonus then maybe I can sneak back in there 6 months from now.

It was a joyous occasion last night. Today is my third day off this month.

4 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Of course they want you back - you're awesome! :)This is good news.

Hope your son has a great birthday!

Steven Nicolle said...

SkippyMom...I hope so it is. By the way you are awesome as well. It is supposed to be sunny Saturday and in these neck of the woods it is rare we get one. Thanks.

English tips-Self-Taught said...

I'm proud for being friends and partners, I desire a wonderful weekend off. I love my job, and as much as possible I share for friends my pretty busy routine, but everything I do, do the that for pleasure. All the best Steven and readers, happy weekend all.

Steven Nicolle said...

English tips....and you too buddy! Have a great one yourself. Thank you for reading.