Lookin' Good at 58

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Busy Getting Slammed

The other day and for the next two weeks there are 3 of us working breakfast and early lunch. One person went on holiday.

So my section was from table number 121 to 142. That is right 22 tables in my section.

During the shift I sold more than I did the previous night working dinner. I never stopped. At one point I had 15 tables on the go.

Now I am not exactly too thrilled about having so many tables at the same time but I bring this up just to state the obvious.

Who in the world would run a restaurant with 63 tables especially in an airport and have only 3 waiters working breakfast and early lunch???

6 comments:

SkippyMom said...

That is seriously obscene Steven. 15 tables going at once scares me. Wow.

They need to rethink their scheduling. I hope your guests understood and tipped you well regardless.

Caleb said...

Did you at least have a great haul from being that busy?

Steven Nicolle said...

SkippyMom...they tipped well enough. I am switching restaurants soon on May 7th and working in the evening. Had enough of breakfast for now.

Steven Nicolle said...

Caleb...it was okay I walked out with $180 and the same today. It is sheer volume. Served 81 people today.

Flippingtables said...

Hey when we sit down finally to do our shift's-end paperwork and count our "winnings", we can't complain! What airport are you working at again?

Steven Nicolle said...

flippingtables...you are right. Today was less busy and made less. Waiters complain when it is too busy and when it is not busy.Mostly though when it is not busy.