Lookin' Good at 58

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Very Slow

You could say I am happy to be starting the new job soon. Tonight we had a bit of bad weather and I had no tables for an hour after I arrived.

They asked me if I wanted to go home and after saying no decided 10 minutes later that sure why not. I headed home at 7PM.

No money no tips no people. Dead.

So with the previous 3 days off and now tonight with no money this new job I am anxious to start for.

To tell you the truth I wish I was there right now.

Even tonight at work it is like being a lame duck. I am there but my heart isn't into it and people are still finding out I am leaving and saying so long.

The next few nights will be very easy. Not so easy to say goodbye but easy to go somewhere else that pays.

In this industry it is never the job but the people you miss when you leave. Tonight just sort of clinched the deal for me as to why I must go.

That is about it. I work tomorrow night then the new job for 4 hours on Friday during the day. Then I will post with new news. Not the same old news.

4 comments:

The Jaded Waiter said...

I will be very interested to read in the coming months how inclement weather affects your new job. For example, if a major storm hits and all flights are grounded.. does that mean you go home at 7pm or is there a mad dinner rush from all the stranded diners? If the latter becomes true then please advise what their drinking habits are.

Thanks in advance,
The Jaded Waiter

SkippyMom said...

You are so right Steve. The people do make the job, but, unfortunately they don't pay your bills.

You made a good decision. Good luck friend.

Steven Nicolle said...

The Jaded Waiter...it will be packed as I am right beside the gates in the departure lounge. Some of the airline delays will result in the passengers getting meal vouchers as well. This location is busy all the time. I will let you know how it goes.

Steven Nicolle said...

SkippyMom...I think so too. Will let you know of my progress. Thanks.