Lookin' Good at 58

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

One Thing That Wasn't Mentioned In The Interview

As the company I work for owns all the food outlets in the airport they rotate the service staff every 6 months from one spot to another.

As I am the lowest in seniority I will not get much of a choice as to where I end up. I would have taken the job anyway but this could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on where you end up.

So the talk amongst everyone is where everyone is heading. Apparently people are given a call and given a choice. My choice would be to remain working breakfast and lunches somewhere or have a mix of both. I don't mind getting up now that I have done it for 7 days in a row. It will be nice in the summer especially.

We will wait and see but I am hoping few people want to work where I work breakfast and lunches. But bottom line is if the money is good it really doesn't matter where I have to work or when.

So far just working breakfast and lunches I make the same as I did in most places working evenings. Yesterday was a slow day and with $611 in net sales I made $125.

I guess I will find out in a few weeks.

6 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Nice money on a slow day. 20%! :)

I think the switching around sounds interesting - the rules will be the same [same company] but a change of scenery can be a good thing too. I imagine any place in the airport is going to be busy.

I know the stories are going to be a lot of fun. hee

Have a great weekend.

Steven Nicolle said...

SkippyMom...the money is good for what I sell. We will see what takes place later on as to the switching part. I like the shift I work right now though. Hate to see that change. Seeing the boys in the evening is nice. You have a good one too.

Joe Sixtop said...

Cheques? Checks? Chex!

Steven Nicolle said...

Joe Sixtop...It is all the same. I know what you are saying. It is no big deal.

Tour guide said...

Good to see you, I desire a wonderful night for you, family and your readers, thank you all for visit my blog. Carlos' tour guide.

Steven Nicolle said...

Carlos...you too.