Lookin' Good at 58

Saturday, March 19, 2011

I Wanna See It When It is Really Busy

Okay it is my first week and my legs are sore after working 9 hours. That is double what I am used to working. Then there is the 7 days in a row I am on to start with and this is only day 4 finished up.

Getting up at 4:40am is pretty extreme for a 6:30am start but to get to work on time for a 5:30am start I have to get up at 3:40am. I am coping well with it until about 10pm when my eyes start sagging!

My morning section I have 15 tables. No don't worry they all don't fill up. Not yet anyway. After 11:30 when lunch begins I only have 11 tables.

This week apparently has been very slow but for today my sales were just over a $1000 dollars and I walked out with $160. I served 69 people over 34 tables. The average check per person was just over $15.

Now when this place gets really busy how many tables am I going to do??? 80?? 120 people???

Okay maybe you can walk out of there with $300 but that is a lot of flippin!

This should be really interesting when I run into a day when I have 10 tables going at the same time. It is really fast. Get the drink order , get the food order and punch it in and keep going. There is no busser so you gotta move!

I am ready for a hot bath tonight to rest my bones...

4 comments:

Sauce said...

Today I also did $1000 in sales, but at my Hooters that is really rare during the day. Especially when you consider how small the average ticket price is since pretty much every meal is under ten bucks. At one point I had ten tables all at once and impressed the shit out of each and every one of them! I probably served around 80 to 90 guests.

...AND I walked with over $200. Here's to good days!

SkippyMom said...

I hope you got your bath. Those are some decent numbers for a "slow" night - WOW - but I get it, since it is an airport.

I have to tell you the funniest thing I ever saw was when I was travelling from South Carolina to Virginia with my 5 year old and we had a lay over in North Carolina for an hour at 7 am in the morning. We went to a restaurant/bar to get breakfast and the bar was PACKED with people drinking. At 7 am. I have never seen anything like it. I couldn't believe I was eating eggs with my kid and watching 30 plus people get drunk at the crack of dawn. I understand fear of flying, but really?

Can't wait for more stories Steve

Steven Nicolle said...

Sauce...nice going! I am starting to get the picture how it works. I never worked at a place with a $15 check average. Just flip those tables.

Steven Nicolle said...

SkippyMom...I had the bath. Just finished work and my legs are much better today. Must be getting used to it. Yeah airports are different that is for sure.