Lookin' Good at 58

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 6 of 7 Mornings In a Row

Believe it or not I am getting used to working mornings. I don't mind waking up at all it is just going to sleep earlier that is a bit of a nuisance. The other night my son was talking to me and I had my eyes closed. It was 9:00 in the evening.

Tomorrow my shift is 5:30 till 2:00. Now when 2:00 comes it feels great. I remember working the midnight shift when I was 19 years old and what I loved about that was Friday morning driving home knowing my weekend was just beginning and for others' they were heading off to work. Then Sunday night when I was heading back I always felt like I was getting a jump on everyone else. Like may as well head to work rather than just think about getting up the next morning to go do it.

The money has not been that bad. About the same I made working evenings before plus I get a few more hours on my paycheque.

We will see how it goes. But it is pretty easy. The average cheque is about $15 and no one hardly ever orders dessert. It is pretty simple. I will talk more about it later in the week when I get my two days off.

No comments: