Lookin' Good at 58

Thursday, February 10, 2011

This Is Really Rude and It Really Winds Me Up

The one thing that is happening a lot lately it seems is I may be taking an order from one table and my other table nearby starts calling for me.

Can they not see I am with this other table. Do they not have any manners?

I tell you in the past little while where I work people are getting a bit much. They come in and they cannot wait one second before they are ready to order.

What happened to actually sitting down and enjoying a dinner out? Why are they in such a hurry.

The list goes on.

One guy tonight really wanted his bill before him and his girl were even finished their dessert. He even interrupted me serving food to my other table of 11 beside him. Before I finished putting the plates down he called out handing me the billfold that he only wanted 10 back. I quipped you are in a hurry I will get it for you.

They were still there 5 minutes later and he called me over and said I didn't tip you enough here is another 5. Great service! I said he didn't have to do that. He said he did.

At that moment my faith was restored in the human race.

8 comments:

The Restaurant Manager said...

People in general as just in a hurry these days. The push at our restaurant if faster service. People want to be out the door in 30 minutes. No wonder everyone is on meds... they are so stressed out trying to get from one place to another. Relax people... slow down and enjoy life a little!

Glad he tipped you another $5!

Steven Nicolle said...

The Restaurant Manager...I'm with you. What is the hurry??

The Jaded Waiter said...

People are seriously wound up these days and not in a good way :( On the flip side though, I'll take a table that wants to pay before they're even done with dessert any day over the table that lingers for an hour after they're finished. Those extra table turns add up over the long haul...

Banquet Manager said...

Common decency, the way our parents are/were, is a thing of the past.
Take care friend.

Steven Nicolle said...

The Jaded Waiter...you're right especially when your tip depends on how many you do each night and not on a high cheque average.

Steven Nicolle said...

Banquet Manager...there you go. That makes a lot of sense. Manners or lack of them is a big reason. No respect nada.....Hello to you too Banquet Manager. You know what I am thinking. Take care too.

SkippyMom said...

Patience seems to be a lost art these days Steven. It is sad.

One of the best gifts Pooldad gave me was telling me to quit my job when the kids were young [and we were just DATING at the time.] The stress relief of not being overwhelmed rushing hither and yon was amazing.

I think it is the two income, the children are overscheduled type families that make them seem that their time is more important than anyone else's.

I got alllll day.

Steven Nicolle said...

Skippymom....Pooldad is a smart guy. Last night there were car seats on some of the tables. We never went out for dinner till the kids were a bit older. It's money down the drain as far as I am concerned.