Lookin' Good at 58

Monday, February 7, 2011

I Did the Impossible!

For the first time on Saturday I shared a party of 11 girls with another waiter and after tip out we owed 75 cents!

Yes you heard it correctly. Their separate cheques added up to so small a tip that we still owed 75 cents to the house. In other words we worked for 2 hours at their table and made nothing. Yes nothing!!

I knew we were in trouble when they asked me if the water was free. Also they wanted to know after they ordered their bar snack how much their bill was to see if they had any money left over for dessert.

When one got eight dollar change back she wanted 4 toonies so she could split the cost with her friend.

The biggest tip we got was 64 cents from one girl.

So you see it is possible to get nothing and actually owe money after serving guests. In this case 11 of them.

I feel like calling Alec Guiness and seeing if there is a World Record held for such a feat. At least we could become famous.

By the way I am 52 today. I still manage to achieve the impossible.

Grrrrrr.........

10 comments:

SkippyMom said...

I wish I could find and SHAKE their parents. Grrr.

Anyway, HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS to you my friend. I wish I was there with a cake and a hug!

I hope you and the family have a great day together.

Steven Nicolle said...

SkippyMom...It is going to be a good day for sure. Thank you SkippyMom!

flydream said...

Does your restaurant not have an option to auto-grat a large party? Btw, have a great birthday!

Steven Nicolle said...

Flydream...thanks and no they don't allow it.

Joe said...

Happy B'day 2 U & me both.

Steven Nicolle said...

Joe...all great people I heard were born this day! lol Happy Birthday Joe!

The Jaded Waiter said...

"I knew we were in trouble when they asked me if the water was free."

This.

It's my personal belief that you should be allowed to sit down and eat / hang out with tables that do stuff like this...I mean, seeing as how you're paying part of the bill and all..

Happy Birthday!

Steven Nicolle said...

The Jaded Waiter...you are right except these young people were all texting on their blackberrys anyway. An infantile group. Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Sauce said...

So they can afford Blackberries but can barely afford dinner? Me thinks some budgeting is needed for these ladies.

But then again, people are dumbasses. Spending money on the building blocks of life - like food - is so last year.

Steven Nicolle said...

Sauce...you're right. Sad to think about. Thank you for your comment.