Lookin' Good at 58

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What Motivates You?

I will tell you what motivates me to wait on tables. It is getting paid every night.

When you are young it might be for the beer and party too but later on it is all about the money. Getting paid every night is instant gratification. You can put gas in your car or pay a bill that comes up.

It is the satisfaction of getting a good gratuity and seeing someone go away happy.

Every night is different and it is up to you to make it a good one every night. Waiting on tables has everything to do with one's attitude. Every night you gotta be on your game. Eliminate the stupid errors. Just do it right every time..

Treat everyone the same. Just serve and serve and serve some more.

That is it..

4 comments:

The Restaurant Manager said...

Great advice! Nice blog!

SkippyMom said...

You named my two favorite things about serving - the instant money and making people happy. It really was important that I made my tables happy and experience a "glitch" free meal.

I do enjoy customer service I guess because I enjoy making people happy.

Pocket full of cash didn't stink either. ;D

Steven Nicolle said...

The Restaurant Manager..thanks for your compliment. I appreciate you reading the blog. Awfully curious to know where you work. I think you run a good ship.

Steven Nicolle said...

SkippyMom...you know sometimes it is easy to slam the business but without it I wouldn't have what I have now.