Lookin' Good at 58

Monday, February 22, 2010

Stay Home Tonight

About an hour before heading to work tonight the GM calls. It has been snowing all afternoon and the roads were treacherous. I was scheduled to close tonight and it being a Monday night in February didn't hold much promise it was going to be busy.

She says with the commute would I rather just stay home and be safe and not to worry about coming in tonight. I thought about it for about 4 seconds and since I was going right back at it tomorrow night thanked her for thinking of me. So I stayed home and cooked some dinner and had some family time.

I thought that was pretty nice.

6 comments:

SkippyMom said...

See why I like snow days - you get unexpected days off as a bonus to spend with your family. :D YAY!

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

SkippyMom...on a weekend night I would have had to go in. Last night it wasn't going to be busy anyway and I live the farthest away. Still it was a nice surprise though.

SkippyMom said...

Um, yes Waiter I realize that. :D Sigh. That is why getting a SLOW Monday, made slower by snowfall off of work is what I consider a bonus.

Losing a Saturday or having to fight the elements? Not bonus.

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

SkippyMom..sorry I didn't mean to sound like I was stating the obvious. I enjoyed it and watched some Olympics as well.

Bekki Lynn said...

Awesome! I lived in another town, but my boss would never call me off. It was always those who lived five minutes down the road from the restaurant.

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

Bekki Lynn...welcome and thanks for your comment. I think it is because you are very valuable where you work. It is just not fair with you living the furthest away and the ones' closer get called off.