Wednesday, February 24, 2010
The First Quiz Of The Year
1. Vouvray is a white wine from the Loire Valley near the city of Tours in France. The primary grape is Chenin Blanc but what is the secondary grape you may find in Vouvray that few people know of?
2. Using proper etiquette how should a guest sip their soup using the spoon?
3. Syllabub is a dessert made of whipped cream , white wine to which sherry or brandy may be added , lemon and sugar. Who was the Queen of England at the time this dessert was introduced?
4. What is the principal grape variety in the wine Cheval Blanc?
5. Bistrouille or bistouille is a term used in Northern France for a mixture of brandy and what else?
6. What is a Palindrome? Not cooking or wine related. 2 bonus points.
Radio talk show host of "The Hospitality Industry News Network" and author of "You Only Live Once" about his early years traveling around and working on ships and foreign countries Steven blogs about his thoughts on the restaurant industry as he sees it today.
Check out his web site at www.stevennicolle.com for more information.