Lookin' Good at 58

Sunday, January 31, 2010

It Was A Madhouse Tonight

I honestly don't know what is going on at work but tonight we had these huge parties. Easily we did over 600 covers tonight. I had a 3 table section and did 37 covers. My average cheque was extremely low for the second night in a row with 50% of my net sales being paid by gift cards which explains a lot. One table even asked me how much their bill was before dessert. That is never a good sign.

All in all though not too bad a night with $1080 net sales and I walked out with $166 after tipping out $40. The percentages were very favourable tonight tip wise.

With the rush and people cramming the place and the music blaring it felt like my disco days when I used to bartend in those packed places. The bartenders that make the drinks where I work now weren't even born when I used to bartend back in the day.

It was fun tonight for sure....

11 comments:

AZWaitress said...

It wasn't particularly busy tonight on my end, but some reason I made more than I usually do on a busy night shift! Must have charmed the pants off of them ;)

Good job WE.

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

AZWaitress...good going to you too! It is funny that this time of year how busy we actually are.

Waitersfriend said...

Crazy busy! At least you got a good tip reward for effort..

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

Waitersfriend...on Valentines we open at 3 and we will do 800. Yesterday we were getting walkins of 25 right off the bat. We have a no reservation policy on Friday and Saturdays but people know if they can come early we can accomodate. That is when we get the 2 hour waits though.

♥ Caz said...

I must admit that I love the busy nights so much more over the quiet nights.

I think it makes you feel like you have achieve quite a lot in just a few short hours. :)

Though the tips definitely show that you did extremely well. :)

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

Caz...rather have those busy nights for sure. Makes it worthwhile.

SkippyMom said...

I would rather be busy and make tips then be slow and stand around. I hated being bored at work and for some reason I seemed to work more efficiently the busier we were.

Do you find that too Waiter?

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

SkippyMom...I sure do. Even last night was a good night for me being a Sunday.

AZWaitress said...

I too love being busy. I get in my groove and have no time to think about making a certain amount of money, whether or not I feel good, or complain. Just in my zone.

I find that when it's super dead or slow I run laps around the restaurant trying to find something to do because I can't STAND to do nothing.

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

AZWaitress...have to agree it is a lot more fun to work when it is busy than when slow and you are looking for something to do.

Waiter Extraordinaire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.