Lookin' Good at 58

Saturday, December 19, 2009

If You Give Me That Look Again I Want Another Waiter

I have this 9 top tonight. The guys are all drinking and there is this one asshole who thinks he is something else.

Anyway before the meal started I asked if it was all on one bill and they say yeah. Okay that is a good start. Then there is this one guy who orders appys for the table. Then some people ordered salads. That is fine. Except I guess it was his honey saying there is hardly any dressing on her caesar so I get her some more on the side. Then when I start clearing the guy next to , I will call him asshole , says he didn't have much dressing either. Then asshole who has had too much to drink already says what is going on here? That is two salads already!

Then his honey next to him says her white wine isn't cold enough so I put it on ice. When I come back asshole says that is 3 times now something is wrong. What the fuck is going on? Can you tell me he ask. I just look at him. You know anything I say I will be wrong cause this guy has already had one beer too much already. I just stare at him.

He ask me again this time saying if I look at him the same way he is going to ask for another waiter. So he ask me the same thing. I don't say anything and give him the WTF stare back.
He says ok then!

Nothing happens and the meal moves forward. I do a quality check and ask how the meal is and he pipes up , better than the service! The rest of the group I sense is embarassed. Some want to leave cause of this rude asshole but I tell them it is all on one bill. Once I heard that at the beginning I did not bother going by seat number. Let the bastards pay one bill. I wasn't going to start sorting the drinks out.

I had a supervisor go over and talk with them and he mentioned afterwards that guy was a real prick. I say he sure was. He gave them a discount on the $600 something bill. They had a $200 gift card and paid the rest with cash. Gave me $60 for a tip. Quite crap really for the abuse but it could have been a lot worse.

I wish he had asked me something sarcastic like how long have I been waiting on tables. But just as well cause I have served in places this asshole couldn't afford to eat in. He wouldn't be allowed in anyway.

12 comments:

Confessions of a Waitress said...

jeez.... sounds like a night from hell. I think i'm lucky being a woman and on the petite side. Men just don't feel like they can yell at me. One of those nights when you literally have to bite your tongue. I'm sorry you didn't auto grat that check though. I would have especially after putting her wine on ice. Do you have the choice of adding a gratuity where you work? For us it's up to the server for parties of six or larger. I hope your next shift is better.

Hellraiser said...

Arrrrgh, I feel your pain, I've mentioned this before too. Why do people think that when they are being served on, the server is a 'servant', and should somehow then be treated like a second class citizen?
A little rudeness and they get nothing, just the basics. A little common courtesy, and they get so much more. Oh man.... I could go on and on about this, it pisses me right off!

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

Confessions of a Waitress...there is no auto grat where I work. We just play with fire. Tonight and two other nights is all I have in the next week. Thank heavens.

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

Hellraiser...I just kept my cool. There is a reason the manager gives me these tables I am sure. Others might have teed off on him or gone to the change room crying.Unbelieveable this guy.

LW said...

What a jerk! It's not like you ignored what they were saying. You took the time to fix it all. Some people are just never going to be happy.

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

LW...jerk is about right. He has some mental issues for sure. Ha

Confessions of a Waitress said...

that sucks. Auto grat is my favorite. But, I know what you mean. Even when tables I hate like tonight. Drunk, touchy I want marshmallows guy thought I was their best friend and offered to buy me a drink by the end of the night. But, woudn't it be great to just tell them off? Just once... and live to tell about it (as in not be fired). A server can dream.

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

Confessions of a Waitress...auto grat is the only way to go. Keeping our mouth shut when we want to say something is a waiter's strong suit of armour they carry each shift.

Waitersfriend said...

What an idiot. His complaints sound like they were all really insignificant problems too - and they were fixed when asked.

How much dressing someone wants and how cold they like their wine are all subjective. It varies with everyone so how can he possibly sit there and act as if the restaurant and you as a waiter are causing the problems?


Better luck tomorrow!

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

Waitersfriend...the guy was just being an ass and had too much to drink. It didn't make for an enjoyable evening. Last night was better though.

purplegirl said...

What a jackass! Sorry you had to deal with him.

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

Purplegirl...that is okay.You have your share of them too.