Thursday, November 19, 2009
6 More Quizzes to Go in 2009
1. When you hear of Jews's-ear fungus , what type of food are we talking about? It is black and the shape of an ear lobe.
2. What is the name of the liqueur made with the flavouring of caraway seeds? I think I did this one before.
3. The appellation Gaillac is situated in the southwestern part of France. What is the most common white wine grape found in this wine department?
4. For you chefs out there give me the name of the basic brown sauce which is used as the base for other brown sauces?
5. Portugal is known for it's port of course but what part of the bottling process has it been known to supply for a great many years and is now currently threatened by further advances in wine bottling?
Radio talk show host of "The Hospitality Industry News Network" and author of "You Only Live Once" about his early years traveling around and working on ships and foreign countries Steven blogs about his thoughts on the restaurant industry as he sees it today.
Check out his web site at www.stevennicolle.com for more information.