Wednesday, October 21, 2009
The Thursday Quiz
1. Sbrinz is a cheese. From what country does Sbrinz come from?
2. In English what is the species of bird known as palombe coming from southwestern France?
3. What is the only wine region in France that has the grape varietal right on the label?
4. Give me the name of an orange-red berry the size of a small cherry which comes from the mountain ash tree? When really ripe it can make a nice accompaniment as a jam or jelly to a venison dish. In French it is known as Alise.
5. Beurre Bercy has what vegetable that is related to the onion in it? It is between an onion and garlic in flavour.
Answers later in the day.
Radio talk show host of "The Hospitality Industry News Network" and author of "You Only Live Once" about his early years traveling around and working on ships and foreign countries Steven blogs about his thoughts on the restaurant industry as he sees it today.
Check out his web site at www.stevennicolle.com for more information.