Thursday, October 1, 2009
It is Thursday's Quiz
Okay here is the quiz.
1. What is the strong aniseed -flavoured drink from the south of France that is similar to the famous Pernod in the north?
2. What is the french word for blackberry?
3. Now for meats such as a game it is best to hang it for a period to improve it's quality. What is the French word for this process. If hang is the word in English what is the word in French.
4. When we talk of climates with regards to wine there is big , small and smaller. Amongst the three what is the smallest? A mesoclimate , macroclimate , or a microclimate?
5. A piéce is an oak barrel holding 228 litres. What traditional wine growing area of the world would you find this barrel?
Now this quiz is over for this week but I am sure some were easier than others. Good luck!
Radio talk show host of "The Hospitality Industry News Network" and author of "You Only Live Once" about his early years traveling around and working on ships and foreign countries Steven blogs about his thoughts on the restaurant industry as he sees it today.
Check out his web site at www.stevennicolle.com for more information.