Lookin' Good at 58

Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Waiter's Life

My section is good one night and the next night it reaks.
One part of the month is great and the next part sucks.
I think I am saving some money one time and the next time I am in the hole.
I get out early one night and make money and another night get out late and make nothing.
I get a good table that leaves something worthwhile then the next one leaves me minimum.
Some tables have stupid questions while others just know what they would like.
I have a full section one minute and next minute waiting for a table to be seated in your section.

I like it though............

6 comments:

Manuel said...

it's the only life for me.......!

AK said...

So true about having to save up for those bad nights/weeks. It's easy to think of a $200 night as a windfall and go spend it on something nice, but really it all evens out in the end.

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

Manuel...we're hooked.

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

AK...as long as it evens out that is the main thing.

Anonymous said...

The tips make it worth it usually please check out www.stuckserving.com and hear some of my stories too!

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

Anonymous...I sure will and will add you on the blogroll too.