Tuesday, August 25, 2009
1. What is the name of the fruit of a tropical tree which originated in India? It is oval in shape and studded with small protuberances and can weigh up to 30 kg. It can be blanched and then peeled then eaten in stews or baked in the oven as a vegetable.
2. Jalousie sounds like jealousy in French but what part of the kitchen would you be preparing one in France?
3. A rémoulade is a cold sauce made by adding mustard , gherkins , capers , and chopped herbs to what?
4. After Sangiovese what is Italy's most widely dispersed native red grape variety?
5. In wine terms what does ullage mean?
Radio talk show host of "The Hospitality Industry News Network" and author of "You Only Live Once" about his early years traveling around and working on ships and foreign countries Steven blogs about his thoughts on the restaurant industry as he sees it today.
Check out his web site at www.stevennicolle.com for more information.