Tuesday, August 11, 2009
1. What are the two principal white wine grape varieties found in Bordeaux?
2. Noble rot is to France as Flétri is to what country?
3. When you see the word Fine to denote the quality of a brandy , does it mean it is a very good brandy or one of no great distinction?
4. When you see a dish on the menu with the word nori. What does it mean?
5. What is the purpose of a chinois in the kitchen?
A bit of variety in this one and it shouldn't be that difficult for most of you. Maybe number 2 is tricky but I had to throw that one in there for George.
Radio talk show host of "The Hospitality Industry News Network" and author of "You Only Live Once" about his early years traveling around and working on ships and foreign countries Steven blogs about his thoughts on the restaurant industry as he sees it today.
Check out his web site at www.stevennicolle.com for more information.