Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Here are the much awaited for answers.
1. The word smorgasbord comes from the country of Sweden.
2. The cooking term for the fish dish I was talking about served with the tomato sauce is called Orly.
3. Kholodetz is a Russian dish of jellied meats.
4. That tannic red wine grape that has achieved some notoriety in Uruguay is called Tannat.
5. Grist is the name given to that coarse ground malted barley used with hot water to extract the sugars required for fermentation.
Radio talk show host of "The Hospitality Industry News Network" and author of "You Only Live Once" about his early years traveling around and working on ships and foreign countries Steven blogs about his thoughts on the restaurant industry as he sees it today.
Check out his web site at www.stevennicolle.com for more information.