Tuesday, August 11, 2009
The Answers To This Mornings Quiz
1. The two principal white wine grape varieties in Bordeaux are the Semillon and Sauvignon Blanc.
2. Noble rot is to France as Flétri is to Switzerland.
3. Fine on a bottle of brandy is nothing of great distinction. Meaning the brandy is just ordinary.
4. Nori is an edible scented seaweed used in Japanese cooking.
5. A chinois is a conical strainer with a handle used to strain such foods as a soup that needs to be smooth for service.
Until next time , keep reading those books.
Radio talk show host of "The Hospitality Industry News Network" and author of "You Only Live Once" about his early years traveling around and working on ships and foreign countries Steven blogs about his thoughts on the restaurant industry as he sees it today.
Check out his web site at www.stevennicolle.com for more information.