Lookin' Good at 58

Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Book

For some time now I have wanted to start a book about my adventures during 30 years since I took the bartending course back in 1979. But with such a busy household I never really get started.

But alas , I have found a way in which I think it will work. You see when I was studying for my Sommelier exams I used a tape player to record my notes on so I could play them back while I was driving to work in the car. This way I could listen when it was quiet and focus on what I needed to learn.

So the other day I bought a new audio tape recorder to do the same thing. This way while I am driving to work , which takes about 35 minutes , I will talk about what I am going to write about. That evening or following morning , I will spend time in front of the computer rather than just stare at it and write down what I was talking about the night before.

Honestly I don't have any idea how else I will accomplish such a daunting task. So beginning when I drive to work tomorrow night it will be with the expressed purpose of writing a book.

I will see how it goes and keep you posted one month from tomorrow which will be August 24th.

6 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Excellent idea. Very exciting to be writing a book - can't wait to hear all about it.

I have heard it said that the most important thing is to write everyday, no matter if you are inspired or not. Supposedly it helps. :)

I wish you very good luck. :) Have fun.

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

SkippyMom...thanks and that is great advice to pass on about writing everyday.

dave said...

Good plan, Holmes!

"So You Want To Be A Waiter"

http://teleburst.wordpress.com/

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

Dave....maybe

chef's kitchen rant said...

There is a software out that records your voice and when you upload it, it transfers it into text, just as if you wrote it. You need to configure voice and writing patterns but will save time and maybe make it easier. My wife has ordered one, will keep you posted if you like.

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

Chef's kitchen rant..I actually made some progress this week on it and I think I got the wheels in motion. But let me know how that software works. Keep me posted on that. Thanks.