Lookin' Good at 58

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hey I Am 20 Years Old Again

Just more proof that no matter how long you work in this business and how much education you have , experience counts for nothing. Let me see after 30 years I have done a lot of things. All you have to do is look at the profile.

A couple of weeks ago when I thought that maybe I would need a second part time job , I applied to the Hyatt as a part time server in their dining room. I filed the application out on line and submitted it and then promptly forgot all about it.

Well this morning the wife checks the email and says there is a job something or other to look at from the Hyatt.

Now apparently I am not qualified for the part time server position but I do qualify for an Assistant ( Busser ) to the Beverage server in the cocktail lounge. Whhhoooooppppeeeeeee!!!!!!

Wow I was so freakin" excited I almost had a coronary!

Just think after 30 years I now can get my foot in the door in the Hyatt as a busser!!!

What's wrong with this Industry!!!!

6 comments:

SkippyMom said...

You have got to be kidding me? Wow. just wow.

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

SkippyMom...That is why this industry is silly.

K.H. said...

Eh, it's probably nothing personal. They may just not have any server openings.

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

K.H....yes but there was a waiter position when I applied.There was no mention of the position being filled. It was just based on the information I submitted that I might be more suited to this position that is now available.Hmmm....
Not that I am sweating over this but it goes to show that wherever you go you start all over again.Unlike a skilled electrician who learns his craft and can go from site to site with it , a waiter knows nothing until you prove otherwise when moving from one place to the next.Yes you have to learn how the house works but that takes a shift to do at the most.It is probably union too.Oh well....

purplegirl said...

That's insane!

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

Purplegirl...hotels are funny like that.You have to get in through that entry level position. Sometimes they post jobs then hire from within anyway.