Lookin' Good at 58

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Answers To This Morning's Quiz

Well how did you do on this morning's quiz? Let's see.

1. Paimyra is a palm tree of Asia and Africa and the pulp of the fruit of this tree is made into a kind of flour especially used in the local dishes of Sri Lanka.

2. Cherry Brandy would be the liqueur floated on top of the Singapore Sling.

3. The 3 first growths of the Pauillac department of Bordeaux would be Chateau Latour , Chateau Mouton Rothschild , and Chateau Lafitte-Rothschild.

4. The French word I was looking for is tremper.

5. The cake known in Brie France and made famous on All Saint's Day is called a niflette.

Well there you have it a bit of everything and nothing. Have an enjoyable evening!

7 comments:

SkippyMom said...

I need to not take a nap on Tuesdays...lol..I completely forgot today was Quizday!

And niflette? That is SO the name of my next pet.

Niflette - it has such a ring to it, doesn't it? ;)

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

SkippyMom...niflette would make a nice name for a cat I think.

bulletholes said...

i USED TO PLAY BADMIONTON A LOT AND EVERY MONDAY I WOULD (ooops) every monday I would invite everyone I knew over so I could kick their ass at badminton.
After a while, no one showed up to play anymore.
You been kickin my ass Here Stevo!
Throw me a bone next week!

And yeah, Niflette, what a great stage name for a pERSONAL tRAINER THAT WOULD BE...
GENUFLECT WITH NIFLETTE! (oops again)

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

Bulletholes...yea I noticed no one is trying the quiz anymore. Even George did not make an appearance this week. Although I thought 2,3 and 4 were doable.Question 1 forget about and 5 was just a fun question. The whole thing about the quiz is you are not supposed to get them all right. Just have fun with it. Who the heck would know question 1 anyway. That is the fun and stupidity of it all. I will give a couple of easy ones next week on cuisine. cheers!

bulletholes said...

HAHA! GEORGE WOULD KNOW QUESTION ONE IF YOU GIVE HIM A MINUTE!

And in my research yesterday I found that the Niflette is a fairly recent tradition, born of an attempt to promote interest in All Saints Day! I thought that was cool!
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.brionautes.com/article.php%3Fsid%3D2429%26mode%3Dnested&ei=H5EdSp2wL5P2MM6PtMIF&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=9&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DniFlettes%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

Bulletholes...next week you will get at least 3 right I know it! Hey Chef!

bulletholes said...

Oh boy! (clapping hands)