Lookin' Good at 58

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Fun Quiz

Here is a couple of fun questions for my bartending post this week.
I will ask the question then tonight I will post the answers. Are you ready? Well I guess you are since I cannot hear you.

1. Drambuie is made from herbs and spices whereas Irish Mist is also made from herbs and some clover. What is the other ingredient that is common in both?

2. Kumquat is an orange flavoured liqueur made from you guessed it , kumquats , an oval shaped citrus fruit. What country in the Mediterranean is this liqueur the most popular?

3. Midori liqueur comes from Japan and comes from the native musk melon. It has apple and melon characteristics in the spirit. What colour is it?

4. Sabra is a chocolate orange liqueur made from the sabra cactus that grows in the desert and is blended with jaffa oranges and chocolate to get it's taste. Where does Sabra originate?

5. Tiquira is a high strength spirit distilled from malted and fermented tapioca roots. What country makes it?

Answers will be posted at 8PM tonight EST.

8 comments:

bulletholes said...

1) Alcohol, you gotta have alcohol. And Leprichauns!

2) Libya. Rumor is that Moamar Khadafi was bathing in it when the cruise Missiles hit his Palace. Got Kunquat everywhere.

3) Green as Seaweed... the Grinch loves this one and gets a little cranky when he runs out.

4) Israel- its name comes from the ancient Armaic word Abracadabra which means "I create as I speak" but when you add the "S" it means "I'm too drunk to talk"

5)Brasil; favored drink for Shakira and her peeps; interestingly enough Tapiocameans "I'm too drunk to talk" in Bolivia!

This was fun and I didn't even cheat!

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

Bulletholes...that was pretty good but I cannot give you the answers until they come out tonight. Other people may copy you! Ha. Hey Chef!

MikeTheWaiterDotCom said...

well, Buddy.... midori is green & sabra is from Israel ... hope you make the next test multiple choice so I can do better!
mTw

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

Mike...it was tough I admit but it cannot be too easy. You did well for not looking anything up.

Manuel said...

test? there's a test? oh no! I didn't study.....

Sous Gal said...

I can only answer #1! Whiskey :)

wow. You're good :)

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

Sous Gal..no you're good for saying that. I just looked up the questions with the answers. I will do a quiz every week , a short one. It is for fun.There will be obscure questions.

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

Manuel..it's only a quiz not a test , silly! Ha. Quizzes you cannot fail cause remember in school they would always sneak one on you when you least expect it. Besides these questions are very irrelevant anyway.That is except for the Irish Mist one. Yikes almost put my foot in my mouth on that one.