Lookin' Good at 58

Monday, October 27, 2008

A Drink Request I Couldn't Fill

This is a very short blog.

On Saturday night someone asked me if they can have a Virgin Long Island Ice Tea. I said no we do not have that drink. Really now what were they thinking for a drink , a couple of ounces of lemon barmix and a dash of coke? Hmmm.........

Sometimes I wish during service I could just pull up a chair and sit down and have a chat with some people just to see what they are like. She probably heard of the drink but really had no idea I guess what went into it. I think if I could be bothered I could have sold her an Ice Tea but instead made a wise choice and sold her a virgin strawberry daquiri. An upsell of sorts.

She was happy about it in any case.

What weird drinks have you had requested lately?

4 comments:

Manuel said...

thankfully we don't do cocktails of any sort.....It's not in keeping with the style of venue. But I was asked for a Guinness with lime juice recently......yuk yuk yuk.,.....

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

Manuel....that is gross.That is an insult to your Guinness.

Ribeye of your Dreams said...

I can only say this: Welcome to the Weird Drink Club!

You've already read about some of the ones I get...all the time...

Virgin Long Island Tea is only the beginning....

By the way, finally added a link to your site, sorry it took me so long.

RagingServer.com

Waiter Extraordinaire said...

Ribeye...that's great! I will post often.